- City Services
- Utility Services
- Trash & Recycling Rates
Trash & Recycling Rates
The City contracts with Waste Management (WM) for all collection services (trash/recycling/brush/bulk) and WM has an exclusive right to provide these services in Cedar Hill. Residential customers are billed monthly through the utility bill. Commercial customers are billed directly by Waste Management in which any inquiries regarding a commercial utility account should contact Waste Management directly at 972-315-5400.
Residential rates are $17.62/month for account holders under 65 years old. For those 65 and older, the rate is $13.64/month. This rate includes weekly trash, recycling and bulk collection, and monthly brush collection. To apply for the senior discount, complete the Senior Trash/Recycle Application. Once the application and identification are received and approved the discount will be applied to the account effective on the date of approval.
Trash and recycling are collected weekly, on the same day. Review the collection day map. Trash and recycling should be set out by 7 a.m. on collection day. You may set carts out after 6 p.m. or one hour before sunset, whichever is earlier, on the evening before collection. Only Waste Management carts are serviced. Any other containers will not be serviced.
- Every single-family home has a green 96-gallon wheeled cart with a green lid for household trash.
- Every single-family home has been issued a 96-gallon wheeled cart with a yellow lid for recycling. Carts will not be collected if they contain anything but acceptable recyclable materials.
- Please place cart 5 feet from obstructions (such as vehicles or mailboxes) within 1 from curb or fence if in an alley. Place carts 2-3 feet apart with the handles facing the home or fence.
- Residents may elect to lease an additional 96-gallon cart (trash and/or recycle) for $3.50 per month per cart. To request a cart, submit a request or call the Customer Service Department at 469-272-2931, option 4.
- Green waste, brush and bulk items are collected on a monthly pickup schedule. You can find your service day and area by entering your address in the tool at cedarhilltx.com/trash or click on the brochure link below.
- Hazardous Waste: At-Your-Door Service: Residents can now schedule home pickup for household hazardous waste and electronic waste through Waste Management's At-Your-Door Special Collection. To schedule a home collection, visit WMAtYourDoor.com or call 800-449-7587. Visit cedarhilltx.com/hhw for more information. This premier service is available and applied to all residential utility accounts at the rate of $1.40 per month.