- City Services
- Utility Services
- Payment Plans
Need help paying your utility bills?
You may qualify for assistance with your utility bills through September 30, 2023 from Texas Utility Help. Applications are available online. For more information, please call 1-855-566-2057 as this assistance is provided through Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.
Customers needing additional time to pay their utility bill may qualify for an extended payment plan. Customers desiring to participate in a payment plan should be aware of the following payment plan provisions before contacting Customer Service.
- Customers must contact Customer Service to begin the arrangement process.
- Customers must make a substantial down payment towards the past due balance to initiate the arrangement.
- The plan duration, with payment dates and amounts, will be identified through Customer Service.
- Customers must pay their current utility bill in full each month no later than their due date in addition to the payment plan amount to stay in compliance with the payment plan.
- Only one (1) payment plan in a 12-month period is authorized.
- Customers who fail to comply with the provisions of their approved payment plan are subject to immediate disconnection without any further notice and the full balance becomes due immediately.
- A payment plan will be voided if a leak occurs during the course of the payment schedule.
- Any returned payments while setting up or on the payment plan will void the plan and services will be disconnected and full balance is due for reconnection. City Ordinance 2010-425 states a customer will be assessed the maximum amount for returned checks allowed under Section 3. 506 of the Texas Business and Commerce Code.
- The Privacy Act requires that only the person identified on the account as the account holder will be able to discuss issues regarding the account, including participating in payment plans.