Please be advised, in the event City Offices are closed due to inclement weather, the City Secretary's Office will be subject to the same.
Requests for candidate application packets can be made online by clicking on the following link. For all other election inquires, please email email@example.com
The next City of Cedar Hill General Election will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2023. The following places will be up for election:
Application packets will be available for pick-up on January 6, 2023 in the City Secretary's Office, located on the 4th Floor of the Cedar Hill Government Center, 285 Uptown Blvd., Bldg. 100, Cedar Hill, TX 75104. E-application packets are also available; to request an application packet be sent via email click here.
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot is January 18, 2023. The deadline to file an application for a place on the ballot is 5pm on February, 17, 2023.
Current City Council Members
|Stephen Mason||Mayor||May 2025|
|Alan E. Sims||3 Mayor Pro Tem||May 2025|
|Shirley Daniels||1||May 2024|
|Daniel C. Haydin, Jr.||2||May 2023|
|Chad A. McCurdy||4||May 2024|
|Gregory Glover||5||May 2025|
|Clifford R. Shaw||6||May 2023|
Candidate Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be a registered voter on the date of the election.
- A candidate must have been a resident of the state for 12 months and are resident of the City for 6 months preceding the date of the regular filing.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated; or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Must satisfy any other requirements prescribed by law for the office.
- Candidates must be nominated by a petition per the City Charter and state law; petition must be signed by at least 25 registered voters of the City.
- Application and Petition Forms must be filed together by the filing deadline.
- Additional residency requirements for certain places per the City Charter. Click here for more information.
Voter Registration Information
Information can also be obtained from the County Elections Department for the county in which you reside:
If you have questions, please contact the City Secretary at (972)-291-5100 ext. 1011 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org