May 7, 2022 General Election
The next election in Cedar Hill will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022 to elect the Mayor and City Council Members for Places 3 & 5.
Voter Registration Information
The deadline to register and be eligible to vote in the May 7, 2022 General Election is Thursday, April 7, 2022. This can be either the postmark date or the date the application is received by the Office of the Voter Registrar in the county you reside. Voter registration cards are available online, at the Cedar Hill Government Center and in the City Secretary's Office. Additional information can also be obtained from the County Elections Department for the county in which you reside:
Important 2022 Election Dates
|Candidate Application Filing Period||Begins at 8:00 am on January 19, 2022|
Ends at 5:00 pm on February 18, 2022
|Last Day to Register to Vote in the May 7th Election||April 7th|
|Early-Voting Period (In-Person)||April 25th - May 3rd|
|Election Day||May 7th|
Early Voting Information
Early voting for the May 7, 2022 election will take place during the following dates and times:
|Monday, April 25, 2022||through||Friday, April 29, 2022||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Saturday, April 30, 2022|
|8:00am – 5:00pm|
| Sunday, May 1, 2022|
|1:00pm – 6:00pm|
| Monday, May 2, 2022||through||Tuesday, May 3, 2022||7:00am – 7:00pm|
Election Day Voting Information
Election Day is Saturday, May 7, 2022. The polls will be open from 7am-7pm.
Voter Lookup and View Personal Sample Ballot
Click here to confirm voter eligibility and to view a sample ballot.
Current City Council Members
|Stephen Mason||Mayor||May 2022|
|Alan E. Sims||Mayor Pro Tem||May 2022|
|Shirley Daniels||1||May 2024|
|Daniel C. Haydin, Jr.||2||May 2023|
|Chad A. McCurdy||4||May 2024|
|Gregory Glover||5||May 2022|
|Clifford R. Shaw||6||May 2023|
Candidate Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be a registered voter on the date of the election.
- A candidate must have been a resident of the state for 12 months and are resident of the City for 6 months preceding the date of the regular filing.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated; or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Must satisfy any other requirements prescribed by law for the office.
- Candidates must be nominated by a petition per the City Charter and state law; petition must be signed by at least 25 registered voters of the City.
- Application and Petition Forms must be filed together by the filing deadline.
- Application Packets will be available for pick up in the City Secretary’s Office by December 31, 2021. If you would like an electronic copy of the Application Packet, please complete an online request form.
The deadline to file a candidate application for a place on the ballot is February 18, 2022 by 5:00 pm.
If you have questions, please contact the City Secretary at (972)-291-5100 ext. 1011 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org