Citizens Fire Academy
The next Cedar Hill Fire Academy Class will begin on Thursday April 9, 2015. Classes will be on Thursday evenings from 6 to 9 PM for ten weeks. Graduation is on June 4, 2015
The Citizen's Fire Academy (CFA) is open to persons 18 or older who either live or work in the City of Cedar Hill.
This 10-week program includes approximately 30 hours of instruction. Sessions are approximately 3 hours in length, and held at Central Fire Station, 1212 Belt Line Road, Cedar Hill, Texas. Class size will be limited to 12 students. Some classes will be held at the Desoto Fire Departments training facility, depending on the specific topic of the class.
- Better inform the residents of Cedar Hill as to the purpose and inner workings of the Cedar Hill Fire Department.
- Encourage citizens to return to their neighborhoods and relay to their friends and neighbors the proper procedures to use to become more safety conscious citizens.
- Help adults learn more about how the fire department is organized and operates.
- Provide an interactive forum for both the Fire Department and the citizens to share information.
- Share the diverse services the Fire Department offers our community.
- A better understanding of why and how the Fire Department conducts itself in an emergency
- An increased awareness and knowledge to keep your home and workplace accident free
- Fundamental knowledge in first aid
- The opportunity to be able to react in a positive manner should some type of fire or medical emergencies arise
- The opportunity to interact and address community concerns relative to the Fire Department
- The opportunity to receive basic CPR instruction and certification
- Welcome and Introduction of CFA Participants
- Ride Out Information
- Fire Service History
- CFA General Information
- Overview of the Cedar Hill Fire Department
- Department Hiring, Training and Continued Education
- Demonstration of Physical Ability Test
- Visit the 911 dispatch center
- Bunker Gear Demonstration
- Apparatus and Equipment Demonstration
- Explanation of Emergency Medical Services
- Thermal Imaging Cameras
- CPR and First Aid Instruction
- Ambulance Demonstration
- Motor Vehicle Extrication Demonstration
- Public Fire and Life Safety Education
- Fire Chemistry
- Special Rescue - Technical Rescue Team Demonstration
- Fire Scene Operations
- Home Fire Safety / Fire Extinguisher Training
- Careflite Helicopter Demonstration (optional)
- Concluding Overview
- Clown Program
- Graduation Celebration