Welcome to the Teen Services Page
We offer a range of services and programs throughout the year for teens ages 13 to 18.
We connect youth with free resources such as library materials, creative programs, websites and databases, and volunteer opportunities. Through the power of information, imagination and ideas, the Zula B. Wylie Public Library strives to inspire the teens of our community.
Learn when to yield, where to park and what all those road signs mean! This free Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) practice test covers the most important traffic signs and their meanings. Visit Driving-tests.org.
Texas Permit Test
From this page, you can also access driver handbooks, road sign information and more. Most features are also available in Spanish. Visit Texas Permit Test.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
THE LIBRARY IS CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING VOLUNTEERS. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
Zula B. Wylie Public Library Teen Volunteer Program
In order to become a volunteer at the Zula B. Wylie Public Library, you must complete the application below and attend orientation. Volunteer space is limited, and completing the following application does not guarantee placement in our program.
If you have any questions about the application or program, please email Chelsey Randel or call 972-291-7323, ext. 1305.
- Must be between 14 and 18 years old or attending high school
- Must live in or attend school in Cedar Hill
- Must not be fulfilling any type of court-ordered service including for truancy or DAEP
All applicants must attend volunteer orientation before beginning volunteering. No exceptions. Orientation is held on the third Saturday of every month. Volunteer schedule will be determined at orientation.
Teen volunteers play an integral part in helping library staff maintain the order and cleanliness of the library and its collection. Volunteer duties will consist largely of shelving items, reading shelves, cleaning shelves, searching for items, and any other miscellaneous tasks library staff may have to help keep the library running. Occasionally, volunteers are also needed to assist with the preparation and running of library events.
While volunteering at the library, volunteers must dress in a manner appropriate for representing the library. The dress code is as follows and will be strictly enforced:
- Volunteers should have overall good hygiene and clean appearance.
- Clothing must be good condition with no holes or rips. No suggestive or explicit graphics.
- No sweats, lounge pants, leggings, or workout shorts.
- You must wear closed toe shoes. No slides, sandals, or flip-flops.
- No caps, hoodies or beanies should be worn on the head while inside the building.
- No earbuds or phones out while you are volunteering.
- Bags and purses are to be left in designated areas until you finish volunteering.
Please keep in mind:
- The library can only accommodate a certain number of volunteers on any given day and at any given time. Therefore, volunteers can only volunteer during their scheduled times. The times will be set in advance. Do not show up outside of your scheduled volunteer time.
- We ask that you do not bring valuable belongings with you. We do not have adequate storage for items and no place to lock them away.
If you are selected as a teen volunteer, you will be required to abide by all the rules of the Zula B. Wylie Public Library and the teen volunteer program. Please understand that you are offering to volunteer free of charge.
Also, understand that if you do not abide by all of the rules of the Zula B. Wylie Public Library and the teen volunteer program, you will be dismissed. Volunteers agree that the library may at any time, for any reason, decide to terminate the volunteer’s relationship with the library.
Our Teen Department is looking for teens ages 13-18 who can help us build a new blog by writing reviews on books, shows, movies, music, and more! You can even earn a few volunteers hours 😄 If you're interested CLICK HERE to sign up.
Weekly Math Tutoring starts Thursday, October 7th, from 5-6PM at the library. No registration required.