Cedar Hill, Texas is located in the southwest corner of Dallas County. The Cedar Hill Fire Department was organized in May, 1941, with 11 volunteer members. In 1964, the Cedar Hill Fire Department took a step that no other department within hundreds of miles had taken, when it established an EMS response within the Fire Department.
Today, the department operates 4 fully staffed Fire Stations, staffed by 78 highly trained personnel. The department maintains a fleet of superior apparatus and equipment, providing premier service to the citizens of Cedar Hill. The department responds annually to more than 5,000 alarms.
The department has 2 specialty apparatus that could respond locally,regionally or as a state asset. AMBUS MPV 2-03, a 19 bed mass casualty bus. TIFMAS E3-64, a Type VI 4 wheel drive engine.
Chief John Ballard
Cedar Hill Fire Department would like to welcome our new Fire Marshal, Reginald J. Alexander.
Chief Alexander came to us from Farmers Branch and New Orleans Fire Departments. For more info on Chief Alexander click on his picture.
Citizens Fire Academy is accepting application for the April 9th class.