City parks are a great place to celebrate, whether it be a birthday party, family reunion or just a picnic in the park.
There are 15 covered pavilions that can be rented at various parks throughout the city along with the Amphitheater at Valley Ridge Park. Reservations can be made at the Parks and Recreation office.
See below for additional information.
Valley Ridge Amphitheater
Virginia Weaver Park
- Park hours are 5:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m., seven days a week
- No alcoholic beverages
- No glass containers
- No unreasonably loud or raucous noise
- Pets must be on a leash
- No golfing
- A reservation is required for organized activities
- Motorized vehicles are allowed in designated areas only
The Parks and Recreation Department inspects properties on a regular basis. Should you notice broken equipment, unsafe conditions or vandalism, report it to the Parks and Recreation Office at (972) 291-5130, or after hours at (972) 780-6643.
The City of Cedar Hill offers a reward of not less than $250 to any person or persons providing information resulting in the arrest and conviction of parties found guilty of vandalism, when such vandalism has occurred in a municipal park of the City of Cedar Hill. Report vandalism to the Cedar Hill Police Department at (972) 223-6111.
- Pavilion Rentals must be made a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- $35 per hour for pavilions with park restrooms
- $15 per hour for pavilions with no park restrooms
- Amenities vary per park.
- Call the Parks and Recreation Department to check availability or visit www.cedarhilltx.com\online.
- Reserve 1 year or less in advance of event.
|Parks With Pavilions|
|Bradford Park||Prairie View Park|
|Calf Pasture Park||Ramsey Park|
|Cedar Trails Greenbelt||The Meadows Park|
|Crawford Park*||Virginia Weaver Park*|
|J.W. Williams Park||Waterford Oaks Park|
|Kingswood Park||Windsor Park|
|Liberty Park||Wooded Creek Greenbelt|
*Parks with public restrooms
Reservations are completed online at www.cedarhilltx.com\online. You must create a free account, if not done already, and full payment is due at the time of reservation. Payments accepted are cash*, check*, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
*In-person services at the Parks and Recreation administrative offices are temporarily suspended.
Valley Ridge Amphitheater2850 Park Ridge Dr.
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
- Area of 3,000 square feet
- Natural bowl seating for 2,000
- A deposit is required for each booking
- $105 per hour
- Cedar Hill Police and Fire may be required for each rental at $55 per hour per personnel
Availability Due to youth sports sharing parking, the following guidelines are available for selecting your dates.
- In the Spring, Saturday dates may be limited
- September to November Sunday through Friday dates may be available