Loud or Barking Dogs

Barking dog complaints are investigated by the Cedar Hill Animal Service office. To report a dog that barks loudly and frequently, contact the Regional Dispatch at (972) 223-6111.

Animals Running At-large

City ordinances prohibit dogs from running at-large within the City limits.

If you find a dog at large within the City limits you can either call (972) 223-6111 or bring the dog to the Tri-City Animal and Adoption Center during the following times:

  • Tuesday - Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm 

Other Nuisances

City ordinances also prohibit:

  • Aggressive behavior to people or other animals
  • Owners failing to pick up after their pets

In cases where the Animal Service Officer does not witness the violation, the City suggests the following actions:

  1. Talk to the owner of the animal. The owner may not realize the animal is creating a problem.
  2. Send a certified letter (return receipt requested) to the owner stating the problem.
  3. Swear a complaint with the Municipal Court, located at 285 Uptown Blvd, Building 100. To contact the Municipal Court by phone, please call (469) 272-2930. 

For more information, call Cedar Hill Animal Control during business hours at (972) 223-6111.

Animal Service Officer W/ Puppy