- How to Register
- Swim Lessons
- Aqua Fitness
- Memberships & Admissions
- Pool Rules
- special pool events
Four Easy Ways to Register for Programs:
- Online by clicking on the "Register Online" icon above
- In person at the Crawford Park Pool (when open for the season)
- In person at the Alan E. Sims Cedar Hill Recreation Center
- In person at the Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices
Pre-registration is required for all programs unless otherwise listed and all fees are due at the time of registration. Please note the deadline for all programs is 3 days prior to the start of the class. All programs require a minimum number of registrants in order to operate.
Programs will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Each program fee is listed in the brochure, and additional supplies might be required if noted. Cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) are accepted.
- The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel any program or special event, due to low program registrations or other unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event that a program is cancelled, registrants will be notified right away.
- Registrants will have the option of transferring to another program or receiving a full refund applied to their account (see refund policy).
- Withdrawals from a program will be granted when requested more than 7 days prior to the start date of the program.
- There are no refunds for non-attendance, supply fees or online transaction fees.
- Written documentation from your doctor must accompany any medical withdrawals. A pro-rated refund will be granted for withdrawals filed during or after the course. Medical withdrawals must be requested, with proper documentation, within a month of the program's ending date.
- To complete your withdrawal, a Refund Request Form must be completed in person at a Parks and Recreation Facility.
- Fees approved through the request will be refunded to the original form of payment within 30 days of the request. Original credit card payments will be refunded to the credit card, and cash or check payments will be refunded in the form of a check.
- Due to instructor to participant requirements, each class has a certain number of spots available. Once the program fills up, registrants have the option to be placed on a waitlist at no cost.
- Program openings are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Registrants will be notified if a space becomes available or a new class is formed.
- Registrant will be required to complete the course registration once notified, and payment will be due at the time of registration.
2022 Swim Lesson and Program Registration will open Wednesday, May 18. Not sure what swim lesson level to sign up for? Click here!
Lessons are available for those that are experiencing swimming for the first time at a young age, or older individuals looking to refine their skills. Our professional staff and American Red Cross certified lifeguard(s) are here to ensure that your experiences in the swimming pool will lead to a life-long love of the water.
Review the swimming lesson descriptions (PDF) to learn more about the different class levels available, and to help you find the proper course for you your swimmer. For more information about our swimming lesson program please review our Parent Packet (PDF).
Important Note: Any lesson not meeting minimum participation numbers will be cancelled the Thursday prior to the session start date.
Age: 13 years plus
Fee: $45 per session(8 classes)
Date: June 7-30, July 12- August 4
Time: Tuesday and Thursday 8pm-9pm
Come dive into the fun with Aqua Zumba. It’s a "pool party" workout! This effective, challenging, and fun water based workout integrates the Zumba formula and philosophy into traditional aqua fitness disciplines.
Location: Crawford Park Pool Class Length: 1 hour
Click Here to browse classes and Register!
Crawford Park Pool offers a daily admission rate, as well as a seasonal pass for you to come and enjoy! Our 12:30 to 1:30 pm hour is a designated time set aside for those active seniors.
Swim some laps Tuesday through Sunday from 12:30 to 1:30 pm. Starting at 2 pm we are open for recreational swimming for participants of all ages to enjoy!
Daily Admission & Memberships
Purchase your daily or seasonal pass Online or at the Crawford Park Pool office. Ages 2 and under are free.
(55+ years plus)
|Tuesday-Sunday 12:30 to 1:30 pm||$1||$20||N/A|
(18 years plus)
12:30 to 1:30 pm
|Tuesday-Sunday 2 to 5 pm||$2||$30||$100 (up to 4 people)|
Daycare or Large Group Admission
Advanced reservations are required. To schedule your reservation complete the Aquatics Daycare Form, and email it to the Recreation Coordinator or call 972-291-5130.
Want to rent Crawford Pool?
Click Here to fill out a Rental Request!
Plan your next end of the year school bash, birthday party or special occasion at the Crawford Park Pool! Each rental time includes 2 hours of exclusive access to the pool and a session of swimming for your group facilitated and supervised by our trained, friendly American Red Cross certified lifeguards.
|Number of Attendees||Fees Per Reservation|
|0 to 49||$150|
|50 to 60||$200|
|61 to 80||$250|
|81 to 100||$300|
Policies & Rental Requirements
- Designated Lifeguards are included in the rental fee to supervise and assist you during your rental.
- Picnic tables and additional seating is available and is located within the pool area for you to use. Gender specific restrooms and drinking fountain are also available.
- All cleaning must completed and facility must be vacated by designated time. Trash bags will be provided for you to use. Staff members are not permitted to accept tips.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed into the pool area only during your specified rental time, including gas grills. No glass containers, alcoholic beverages or charcoal grills are allowed.
- No outside music is allowed in the facility. The pool has an internal sound system that will provide music during your rental.
- Appropriate swim attire (i.e. swimsuit, swim trunks, etc.) is required for anyone swimming in the pool. Street clothes, cut-off shorts, athletic apparel, basketball shorts or any apparel deemed inappropriate by staff will not be allowed in place of a swimsuit. Locker rooms are available for you to change in.
- All pool rules and regulations will apply during your reservation and are subject to change without notice if deemed necessary for the safety and comfort of patrons. Read a detailed list of pool rules and regulations (PDF).
For additional rental requirements and information view the Pool Rental Policies (PDF).
Reservations are available on a first come, first serve basis and must be completed in person at the Crawford Park Pool Office or Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices (Cedar Hill Government Center). All fees are due at the time of reservation and acceptable forms of payment are cash, check and major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express). To check availability contact the offices at 972-291-5130 or fill out the rental request form at the top of the page.
As you head to the pool, remember that swimming accidents can happen quickly. So, before you "take a dip," get the facts on how to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
- Obey lifeguards at all times.
- Appropriate swim attire (i.e. swimsuit, swim trunks, etc.) is required for everyone entering the pool. Street clothes, cut-off shorts, athletic apparel, basketball shorts or any apparel deemed inappropriate by the staff. All swim attire must be recognizable as being designed and sold for use in a pool environment. Patrons may also be required to show proof of swim attire before entering the facility. The Manager on Duty has final discretion on acceptability.
- Children not potty trained must wear a swim diaper. Diapers are available for purchase if you do not have one.
- All users must pay admission or present a pass each time they enter the facility, even if they aren't swimming. A hand stamp is required for re-entry into the facility.
- Water wings, inner tubes, or other swimming aids or types of floats are not allowed.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard approved lifejackets are acceptable. To meet U.S. Coast Guard standards the lifejacket must say U.S. Coast Guard approved.
- Coast guard approved lifejackets may be used with direct supervision from a responsible person (16 years plus). Children utilizing a lifejacket must have a green wrist band on, and be within arm's reach of the responsible adult. The responsible adult must be in appropriate swim attire and in the water with the child.
- Children 5 years and under need to have a responsible person (16 years plus) in the water with them at all times. 1 adult (16 years plus) for every 4 children under the age of 5 years. Children must have a red wrist band on, and be within arm's reach of the responsible adult. The responsible adult must be in appropriate swim attire and in the water with the child.
- Children ages 6 to 9 years must be accompanied and cared for (at pool side) by an adult (16 years plus) in the facility.
- Children 6 years plus will not be allowed in the baby pool.
- Children 10 years plus may swim without direct parental accompaniment in the facility.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed in the facility.
Additional rules and regulations may be implemented without notice at the discretion of the City of Cedar Hill Parks and Recreation Aquatics Staff. Any other guidelines deemed necessary for the safety and comfort of our patrons will be strictly enforced.
Red, White and Pool
Age: All Ages
Fee: $2 per person
Date: July 4th
Come celebrate the 4th of July at Crawford Pool with games and fun.
Location: Crawford Park Pool
Age: All Ages
Fee: $2 per person
Date: July 17th
In celebration of National Parks and Recreation Month Crawford Park Pool will be hosting Sunday Funday!
Location: Crawford Park Pool
Paws in the Pooloza
Age: All Ages
Fee: $5 per dog
Date: August 13th
Paws in the Pooloza is your day to bring your four-legged friends swimming at Crawford Pool! In partnership with the Friends of Tri-City Animal Shelter Crawford Park Pool will host a doggie-swim time for dogs and their families to raise support the Tri-City Animal Shelter. Come take a dip in the pool, hang out with your dog, and meet some cool dog-friendly vendors. Paper proof of rabies vaccination must be provided for entrance into the event.
Location: Crawford Park Pool