- Green Cedar Hill
- Community Garden
Cedar Hill Discovery Garden
We hope you enjoy the Cedar Hill Discovery Garden!
This is a garden spot for all to enjoy! Please feel free to wander the paths, add to the compost bins, and inquire with the library staff about how you can be a part of the garden!
Fall Rejuvenation of the Discovery Garden
The Discovery Garden has been blessed by a Grant Donation! As you may have already noticed we've been trying to give new life and rejuvenation to the garden! As it celebrates its 10th year at the Zula B. Wylie Public Library, we want to give it some TLC and make it an even more enjoyable experience for the gardeners as well as our patrons!
We have new benches being installed soon. There are new composters within the compost area. If anyone would like to add compost or use the compost they are welcome to it. There are also new hose racks that have been installed, as well as new hoses. And there is more positive changes coming! Stay Tuned!
We currently have a few plots available for new gardeners! Please register below. First come, first serve. Once the garden plots are full, we'll add you to a waitlist! Register here.
For updates, information regarding planting and programming please join our Facebook Group .
What are the Benefits of Community Gardens?
- They provide a place to garden for those who can’t where they live.
- They establish a greater sense of community and offer a place to develop relationships.
- They teach skills in self-reliance.
- They promote more local / seasonal eating and increase awareness of where food comes from.
- They encourage better nutrition through fresh produce.
- They help people to save money by growing their own groceries.
- They provide opportunities for recreation, outdoor activity and exercise.
- They help to reduce crime and vandalism.
- They beautify neighborhoods and increase attitude of pride and ownership.
- They provide inter-generational and inter-cultural interactions.
Join the Cedar Hill Discovery Garden Group