- City Services
- Neighborhood Services
- Neighborhood Directory
- Winding Hollow Public Improvement District #3
Winding Hollow Public Improvement District #3
- 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00pm when posted.
- Cedar Hill Government Center, 285 Uptown Blvd.
- To view most recent agenda, click here.
- To view past agendas and minutes, click here.
To get updates on Winding Hollow PID 3, please complete the Neighborhood Directory Form.
New! Flock Safety Cameras
The board has signed a contract with Flock Safety. Flock Safety is an automated license plate recognition camera company that will provide 24/7 coverage for our neighborhood. The cameras will be placed at the three entrances of our neighborhood. Installation will be completed by end of summer.
Having security cameras in place should improve security, deter crime, and promote a safer community.
In 2015, the residents of Winding Hollow subdivision petitioned to become the City’s third Public Improvement District (PID). The special district, established by State statue, levies an additional assessment on all properties within specific boundaries. Typically a percentage of the appraised value of the property, the assessment, is reflected on the annual tax statement and confers a special benefit on definable parts of the improvement district.
East of Joe Wilson Road along Bee Branch Creek is the quiet Winding Hollow neighborhood. This friendly community was developed in 2000 and is now home to over 200 households. Residents enjoy beautiful views of Waterford Oaks Park with access to the east and secluded living with the convenience of nearby shopping and schools.
The PID is authorized to make improvements to public spaces including right-of-ways and parks (in cooperation with the Cedar Hill Parks Department). Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- landscaping, erection of fountains, distinctive lighting and signs
- acquisition of construction of sidewalks, or other projects in the public right-of-way
- establishment or improvement of parks
- enhanced police patrol
The Winding Hollow PID, created in September 2015, has a current assessment of 0.10¢ per $100 valuation. Example:
Appraised value $150,000 divided by $100 multiplied by $0.10 equals $150 per year
The special district, established by State statute, levies an additional assessment on all properties within specific boundaries. Typically a percentage of the appraised value of the property, the assessment is reflected on the annual tax statement and confers a special benefit on definable parts of the improvement district.
To learn more about PIDs, click here.
2019 Premier Neighborhood Award
- Neighborhood: Winding Hollow map
- Developed: 2000
- Number of Homes: 235
- Special Features: Waterford Oaks Park, Bee Branch Creek
- Organization Type: Public Improvement District - PID, Crime Watch
- PID President:
- Trash & Recycle Days are Fridays. Brush & Bulk pickup is the 4th Monday of the month. Sign up for trash related alerts at CedarHillTX.com/Trash